A lovely vintage french silver Sacred Heart medal which measures approximately 3/4" in diameter.
The medal has the french silver hallmark which indicates a silver content of at least 800 or 80% silver.
Souvenir of Sacre Coeur in Montmartre, Paris.
June is the month of devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Feast Day: Nineteen days after Pentecost (typically in June), on a Friday.
During apparitions to Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque in France around the year 1672, Jesus asked for acts of reparation, for frequent Communion, Communion on the First Friday of the month, and the keeping of the Holy Hour. The twelve promises of Jesus to Saint Margaret Mary for those devoted to His Sacred Heart include:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
12. The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.